• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx PosterShop 19 - CUTServer seems to be working, but job doesn't get to plotter - "CUT TO FILE"?

MarkH42

We use Onyx PosterShop to run 4 printers and we want to add a plotter to Onyx. (We use the Mimaki FineCut Illustrator plug-in to run our current Mimaki plotter and you can't add a second plotter to this software). So, we installed another Mimaki plotter in Onyx PosterShop yesterday. After downloading the correct drivers, everything seems to be working as it should. Onyx is communicating with the plotter. There are no errors or other problems indicated. When you click "cut job", a bar appears briefly on the screen indicating that the job has been sent, but the plotter doesn't start. HERE IS THE STRANGE PART - when you configure the plotter the first option is "Port Settings". The default is "Cut to File", but the dropbox shows a few other options, including USB, TCP/IP, etc. When you try to change it to USB, because that is how this plotter is connected, it won't let you. You hover over that option and it goes right back to "Cut to File". This seems like the culprit but I don't know how to fix it. In Device manager, the plotter shows up as a plotter and appears normal and connected. I'm stumped. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

unclebun

Cut to File, as the name implies, sends the plot job as a file to a folder (which you choose in the Setup button next to it.

It's odd that you cannot choose USB for the Mimaki. I checked on our RIP station, which isn't connected to any plotters, and I can choose TCP/IP or USB for my Mimaki plotter.

Somewhere in my memory recesses I seem to remember that there is a patch file from Mimaki to make the plotters work right in Windows 7 and up. Maybe you haven't installed that?

unmateria

As a workaround... If you can make the .plt with cut to file option, try with this from the command line:

COPY /B fileToCut.plt USB001

(or 002, etc)

MarkH42

As a workaround... If you can make the .plt with cut to file option, try with this from the command line:

COPY /B fileToCut.plt USB001

(or 002, etc)
I don't understand where I would go to do this.... Let me try the above suggestion from unclebun and I may ask for more details if that doesn't work. Thanks!

MarkH42

Cut to File, as the name implies, sends the plot job as a file to a folder (which you choose in the Setup button next to it.

It's odd that you cannot choose USB for the Mimaki. I checked on our RIP station, which isn't connected to any plotters, and I can choose TCP/IP or USB for my Mimaki plotter.

Somewhere in my memory recesses I seem to remember that there is a patch file from Mimaki to make the plotters work right in Windows 7 and up. Maybe you haven't installed that?
I found this and no, I have not done this yet. Is this what you were referring to? https://mimaki.com/archives/034/FirmwareUP Guide_D202515_V1.0.pdf

MarkH42

I cannot find whatever patch you were referring to. We are running Windows 10. Any ideas on where to find this file?

jimdtg

Here may the patch you need:
ftp.onyxgfx.com/P2/PD1/Field_Test/19/CUTTERS/Graphtec_Update_19_0_3_rip_2020_03_20.msi

MarkH42

UPDATE - SOLVED. I don't know how or why, but after a dozen attempts to configure the plotter to "USB" instead of "Cut to File", and having it immediately revert back, the USB option finally took and didn't revert back. After that, it cut perfectly. I appreciate all of the input and help!