• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help ONYX PosterShop 7.0.3 printer files

Flak

Hello,
I have got ONYX PosterShop 7.0.3 last year from eBay and when I got it both original DVD`s were not readable.
Especially I miss supported printers files.
I have Onyx prorgam installation files (version 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3.2), what I downloades from internet but these files does not contains .PrnInst files.
I also have older ONYX 6.0 RipCenter original disk with USB key where are some printer files but not the newest ones.
I have HP Designjet z6100 60" printer and the hardware key shows that this printer is supported but I do not have proper printer.PrnInst file what is made for Onyx version 7.
Is it possible to someone share these missing printer .PrnInst files?

Is it possible to upgrade the Onyx 7.0.3 hardware USB key to newer verion (7.1 to 7.3.2)?
I have Onyx_7_3_0_Technical_Release_Notes.pdf file where is written that 7.3.0 version supports a lot of new printers what my older 7.0.3 key does not support.

* I have sent the same information to ONYX support but as they do not support version 7 any more, I have not got any feedback yet.

Thank you very much!

Best wishes,
Taivo

FrankW

It is not possible to upgrade to 7.3 anymore. Current Version of Onyx RIP is 18.5, version 7.x is totally outdated. The Onyx Printer and Profile Download Manager offers Downloads for drivers for version 10 and newer, but not 7.

You can upgrade to 18.

Bert Wondervan

Hello,
I have got ONYX PosterShop 7.0.3 last year from eBay and when I got it both original DVD`s were not readable.
Especially I miss supported printers files.
I have Onyx prorgam installation files (version 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3.2), what I downloades from internet but these files does not contains .PrnInst files.
I also have older ONYX 6.0 RipCenter original disk with USB key where are some printer files but not the newest ones.
I have HP Designjet z6100 60" printer and the hardware key shows that this printer is supported but I do not have proper printer.PrnInst file what is made for Onyx version 7.
Is it possible to someone share these missing printer .PrnInst files?

Is it possible to upgrade the Onyx 7.0.3 hardware USB key to newer verion (7.1 to 7.3.2)?
I have Onyx_7_3_0_Technical_Release_Notes.pdf file where is written that 7.3.0 version supports a lot of new printers what my older 7.0.3 key does not support.

* I have sent the same information to ONYX support but as they do not support version 7 any more, I have not got any feedback yet.

Thank you very much!

Best wishes,
Taivo

What is the brand and model of your printer and cutter?
What is your Windows version?

Flak

What is the brand and model of your printer and cutter?
What is your Windows version?

Hello.
I have HP Designjet z6100 60", Canon iPF8000s and HP DJ 5500ps
ONYX Postershop 7.0.3 key does not support Canon iPF 8000s printer but version 7.1 already support it. That is why I asked about the USB key update as well.
I use Windows 7!
Thank you!

Flak

As Frank mentioned above, Onyx is no longer support Onyx 7 for updating.

Hello,
I know that but just in case I sent my problem description to ONYX support and got back automatic reply with case number but nothing more yet.
That was the reason why I posted my thread here, maybe someone still can help me?
Thank you for everyone!
Taivo

Flak

I`v got an opportunity to buy a copy of version 7.3 DVD`s so I do not need printer files any more!

v. 7.0.3 USB dongle update: can it be done a way if someone who have this old update file, can share it and this way really works?

FrankW

Onyx Key Updater-Files are updating one specific dongle with one specific key number. There is not general updater file for all dongles.

Flak

Hello,
I suspected that but I hoped that maybe there are still other options available :)

I uninstalled present ONYX 7.3.2 from my PC and I reinstalled a new ONYX v 7.3 what I got recently. I installed three printers for testing purpose: HP 5500 / z6100 and Canon iPF8000s. Actice printers can be only two of them. When I openend a hardware key information I saw there Canon iPF8000s, too! What a pleasent surprise!

it looks like I do not need a key update any more :cool: