• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Postershop 7 Pantone color help

copierguy77

I am using Onyx Poster v7 with a HP designjet 5500 wide format printer. I am trying to print a Pantone color chip chart to use for color matching. I found a Pantone Coated .pdf in the Onyx folder but when I look at the file, there are no spot colors assigned. Does anyone know how to print a Pantone color chip chart for this software?

Bly

I'm not familiar with that file. Did it come with the Onyx install?

To answer your question, when you print a PDF or Eps file that uses pantone colours the rip picks them up and uses the predefined pantone table to give more accurate colour. I usually find these a little dark to be honest and leave the substitution turned off.

If you open the OnyxQualityTest.pdf file you will see some pms colours in there, and it will tell you if you have spot colour replacement turned on or off - see the little label on the bottom rhs.

KudzuKenny

Color chart matching?

I am using Onyx Poster v7 with a HP designjet 5500 wide format printer. I am trying to print a Pantone color chip chart to use for color matching. I found a Pantone Coated .pdf in the Onyx folder but when I look at the file, there are no spot colors assigned. Does anyone know how to print a Pantone color chip chart for this software?

Hey Color Guy, did you ever figure this out?

Kenny