• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx PosterShop Error When Printing to UCJV300

InkHead

Wondering if anyone here is using Onyx with the UCJV300. I just received the trial software and when I attempt to print, I get an error on the machine. "Error 206 Printing Mode"

I have no idea what this means and not sure if I have a setting incorrect somewhere. I am connected via USB. Any info would be appreciated.

APCInk

Merchant Member
This most likely means that there is print mode setting between the resolution or the settings that the printer doesn't recognize as a valid setup. Do you have profiles for the machine or just an ink setup option in the media type?

InkHead

Ill have to get you a better answer when I'm in front of the computer tomorrow but i just installed the software and during setup, I selected the printer ucjv3000 with the ink types CMYK and CMYKLcLM and it installs the generic profiles. I selected both because it did not have an inkset for CMYKCLCLWW which is what I have.

If I recall I believe the ink setup option for media was CMYK LUS-170.

Im just trying to remember off memory but I can check tomorrow morning.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Re-setup the printer using only the CMYK option and see if that changes anything. It's probably seeing a 6 color profile being used but it only has 4. Onyx handles the Clear and White as spot colors, which they are, rather than part of the profile.

InkHead

Re-setup the printer using only the CMYK option and see if that changes anything. It's probably seeing a 6 color profile being used but it only has 4. Onyx handles the Clear and White as spot colors, which they are, rather than part of the profile.

Ahh OK that makes sense. Ill give it a shot tomorrow morning and report back

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Let me know if you have any questions once you're set up. We've been running our UCJV out of Onyx Thrive for over a year now. Definitely a learning curve!

InkHead

Let me know if you have any questions once you're set up. We've been running our UCJV out of Onyx Thrive for over a year now. Definitely a learning curve!
Hey White Haus.. I tried this morning to setup the printer in Onyx as LUS 170 CMYK and it would not print. I was getting the Error 206. So I deleted the printer and setup as LUS CMYKLcLMWW and I'm able to print.

Are you using the cutter on the UCJV300 through Onyx? I plan on purchasing a Summa in the near future so I'll be mostly using that but would still like to be able to cut from the UCJV300. As of right now I only have the UCJV to test print and cut.

Now I need to figure out if I need to change the ink channels in Onyx to CMYKCLCLWW if possible since that is my ink set. Are you setup the same way? I have the Onyx Postershop trial so I'm not sure if Thrive is any different. Trying to figure this out as I go. Any info you could provide would be extremely helpful.