• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ONYX Postershop, ONYX Thrive or Caldera?

cesargraphics

Hello to all.. Im about to get the Hp Latex 360 and a Graphtec 54 inch plotter.. I've been researching for quite sometime now and for some reason the Hp Latex is always at the top of my line up. The Last Question I have is what RIP to use with the new HP Latex 360?..

My sales reps are gearing me towards the Onyx Rip but I've been seeing on different forums that people are changing from Onyx to Caldera..

Any input from anyone out there.

This will be my first wide format machine. My printshop is all Macintosh Computers except for my Fiery Rip that I use for my XEROX...

Thank you...

VTSigns

If your shop is an all Mac shop then you definitely need to give Caldera a try. Caldera only runs on Mac or Linux. I tried both Onyx and Caldera about 3 years ago when making my RIP choice. I worked with Onyx for about a month and it was miserable. I had no prior experience with Onyx. It seemed as though the learning curve was going to be super steep so I decided to demo Caldera and within few hours of demoing Caldera I just knew it was the right one. It's so intuitive and operates very quickly. I'm a huge proponent of Caldera and have been using it with my HP latex for almost 3 years now without a hiccup. You are going to love your HP printer. If it's not too late then take a look at what Summa has to offer in the way of a cutter. Good Luck!

cesargraphics

Thanks for the Quick Response...

Couple of more Questions ??

This week Im gonna give it the go ahead... I greatly thank you for the Quick Response..

is there a good amount of media profiles in Caldera?

What version of Caldera should I go with?

01001020069 (VisualRIP+ SE for HP L2x500) or
Caldera VisualRIP+ SE SYNNEX Edition (1 LFP including HP Latex) 01002020066
or if there is a another version you think is best?

Thank you all

dypinc

Hello to all.. Im about to get the Hp Latex 360 and a Graphtec 54 inch plotter.. I've been researching for quite sometime now and for some reason the Hp Latex is always at the top of my line up. The Last Question I have is what RIP to use with the new HP Latex 360?..

My sales reps are gearing me towards the Onyx Rip but I've been seeing on different forums that people are changing from Onyx to Caldera..

Any input from anyone out there.

This will be my first wide format machine. My printshop is all Macintosh Computers except for my Fiery Rip that I use for my XEROX...

Thank you...

You might want to take a look at the Fiery XF RIP. Works client/server just like your Command Workstation with your EX RIP so you can run everything from your Mac. While you can run the XF server on a Mac the HP Latex drivers only run on the XF server on Windows. Don't know if this will change for the 300 series as I have yet to see drivers for them in XF.

Setup a Windows server only box for the XF RIP and run everything from your Mac client if you want, or like the EX rip you can run the XF client on the server.