• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ONYX PosterShop - server running slow?

MetroSigns

It takes forever for ONYX to restart if I have something hang up... and the processing time for the server portion of it (in the console) takes forever.

Any tips/tricks on how to speed it up?

MetroSigns

Yeah, I know how to clear the work folders and stuff. I am just wondering if there is something I dont know about that will speed up the restart of the server.

Like, for instance, yesterday I missed a diecut line so I changed the port to "Print to File" under the configure printer screen. Usually its pretty quick, it shuts down and restarts with the new setting. It took 22 minutes to make that change yesterday.

Im curious to see if there are any tips/tricks to making it run faster or if there is a cached folder somewhere that I havent cleared yet....

MetroSigns

Yeah. Its just really sluggish. I think it might be a setting or something in ONYX that needs cleared. Liks is there some cache somewhere that I dont know about?

I guess I should call ONYX... unless there are any advanced users out there?

signswi

Which version are you on, which OS, 32bit or 64bit, and has the Onyx version ever been upgraded without a clean reinstall (say from 7 to X10)?