• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Onyx processing files for printing and contour cutting

JHeard

Make sure the lines that you want to be Flexcut are red in Winplot. There is a setting in the output dialog box when you send to cutter that says "Cut red lines in FlexCut mode". You may have to adjust the flex pressure/full pressure and cut length settings on the Summa itself if it is cutting all the way through. Hope that helps!

hazartilirot

Make sure the lines that you want to be Flexcut are red in Winplot. There is a setting in the output dialog box when you send to cutter that says "Cut red lines in FlexCut mode". You may have to adjust the flex pressure/full pressure and cut length settings on the Summa itself if it is cutting all the way through. Hope that helps!
I don't have a problem to flexcut in WinPlot. My issue with flexcut relates to Onyx CutServer.

printguyjohn

I don't remember the exact errors, it's been about a year since I gave up on it. We tried several materials, laminated and not laminated, and troubleshooted for weeks. The automation never worked at all. If we did get the barcode to read (1 out of every ~5 attempts) it wouldn't move to the next job on its own. Also if it did read, the cuts were usually way off and didn't line up.

I had a tech on site multiple times and he said he didn't know why it wasn't working either and told me to watch for an update. Summa's customer service is a joke, long story and irrelevant. Since going through Winplot works every time I had no desire to waste any more energy on it until they update and fix their bugs that they claim they don't have... What ended up being the issue with yours?

Just wanted to chime in and say Onyx has released a patch for Onyx Thrive 18.5 which we use with our SUMMA S Class T160 OPOS Cam. Afer the patch, the barcode cut for a full job works perfectly. For OPOSCAM you just need to have Summa Cutter Control open running the barcode server and set Onyx Cut Server to "Cut To File" and drop it into the hot folder Summa Cutter Control is monitoring. Then just load the roll, initiate barcode scan from the touch screen and voila!

Best of luck