• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Production House 7 System Question

klmiller611

Yeah, I know, old software, but for what we print, it is more than suitable. We only have a single printer on the RIP. And there is no money in the budget for upgrading to a newer version of Onyx.

I looked on Onyx website to see if I can find an answer, but not really getting what I need.

My rip computer is getting somewhat feeble and starting to act up, it is a 2008 machine running Windows XP. The main drive died in it last May and was replaced, but now other things seem to be going on as well.

My question is, if I get a new machine, what version of windows will still run Production House 7?

Thanks in advance

Best
Ken

klmiller611

Thanks all. I suspected it might be a bit touchy, but the way mine runs now, probably not much would be worse than what I've got!

I'm going to ask Onyx directly to see what they say.

Best
Ken

SignBurst PCs

If I remember correctly, you may be OK. I think that there was a free upgrade from 7 to 7.x and it was good to go on 64 Bit.