• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx Production House "JV5.dll failed to load" error.

Forty One

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.
I've been running Onyx Production House for about the last 10 years with our 2 x ColorPainter 64's.
I've just purchased a Mimaki JV33-130 and I'm having issues getting it to talk to the rip.
Other rips are fine. (Trial Onyx Thrive21, Trial Flexi...) These can send images to the printer fine.
But with my current RIP, I keep getting the following error in the console:

(Error) Failed to load JV5.dll From "C:\Onyx10Common\JV5.dll": 126 Error #4: Unsupported printer - Mimaki JV33-130... Printer Offline!
(Error) Failed to open printer device Mimaki JV33-130
(Error) Failed to load JV5.dll from "C:\Onyx10Common\JV5.dll": 126
Server now running...
Now, the Printer Profile (PrnInst) wasnt able to download from the Onyx profile manager as it's now not supported, and Onyx themselves are/not willing to supply any legacy files. They are asking me to purchase & upgrade.

I did download a printer profile from here, but I believe it may be for x11.
Could this give me the error?

If so, would anyone have a printer profile for the X10 version?

If it's not this giving me the error, has anyone had any the same error arise, and if so, how did you fix it?

Forty One

Thanks.

Onyx & Mimaki websites say that the printer is supported.
Would it be the Printer Profile that is incorrect?

Forty One

Unfortunately it seems that this profile still does not work.
Has anyone got either the 10.2 update, or at the least the JV33-130 profile for the 10.0?