• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Re-calibrating Media

Ditchmiester

I've got an HP L26500 and i'm trying to use the onboard i1 to calibrate the media color from Onyx. Whenever I go through the steps it tells me my media is not large enough. I'm trying to calibrate Oracal 3951 Transparent. I have a 30" roll. Is this roll not wide enough to calibrate? Or am I just missing something.

Are you re-linearizing an existing media, or building a new profile?

The on-board i1 spectro is not a transmissive device, so I don't know how well it will work with a translucent media such as this. I have heard that the on-board device requires a lot more material than the hand-held device, but I don't know the minimum width it requires.

Mega Format

calibration

I just did a recalibration on my L62500 and did fine on adhesive vinyl, when you say transparent is that completly transparant or it have a white reliner maybe if it is transparant the machine doesnt see the edge.

Ditchmiester

It does have a white liner on it so I was hoping that it would work. Yeah i guess the correct term would be re-linearizing. I'm still new to Onyx and the HP. Is it a good idea to do the calibration of the medias? It asks me every time I put a new media in.

Matt-Tastic

The L-series uses a very wide swatch pattern, so I'd think the minimum for profiling would be 42 inches. you may be able to reduce the size of the swatch, but I've never tried it on anything less than 54 inches.

Ditchmiester

Okay, I will see if I can reduce the size to fit on the 30" roll. If not I guess I will not worry about it on my 30" material.

Ditchmiester

Pat,

Good Idea but with the HP Latex Printers they do not like sheet fed materials. From what I have been told is that everything you send through the printer needs to be on a roll. At least according to the HP tech people.

Matt-Tastic

you can run sheets, but you need several feet of the media to make it possible. 30" won't cut it.

It looks like (i just tested in Thrive) the minimum media width is 36" to recalibrate on the L26500. If you have an offboard spectrophotometer (like an i1), the print is much smaller.