• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx resizing files

klingsdesigns

Just a heads up so this doesnt happen to anyone else. I have epson s80600 and summa s2t 160. When you import file into onyx bigger files and it goes to job editor and you select summa s in there and hit submit onyx will automatically resize the file on you. But if you go to job editor and leave it with no cutter. Hit submit and it onyx rip window you double click file and change it there it wont resize it. I just spent 4 hours redoing a print job because i didnt notice it do that. Hope this helps someone in the future.

CanuckSigns

Yes I've found Onyx to be very tricky with this, it will randomly resize your files, there should be a warning of some type that the file has been resized.

klingsdesigns

There are so many glitches in this software. I just got it about 2 months ago. 19 is coming out and grimco wants close to a grand to upgrade to 19. Very frustrating with this whole upgrade and software issues. Summa cutter doesnt stay connected to ethernet so i have to have cutter close to computer with usb.

MikePro

onyx will automatically resize if you import a file, or scale it up, greater than your media size.
my workaround is to go to the tiling menu first to enable tiling, and THEN scale-up/rotate your image

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Check the settings you have for your media types. Onyx has the ability to resize artwork as a way to compensate for the way some materials can literally shrink while run through printers that heat up the material to high temperatures. Window perf vinyl is particularly susceptible to shrinkage.

klingsdesigns

Check the settings you have for your media types. Onyx has the ability to resize artwork as a way to compensate for the way some materials can literally shrink while run through printers that heat up the material to high temperatures. Window perf vinyl is particularly susceptible to shrinkage.
It adjusted the size over 30 inches on some.

FactorDesign

I know Gamaprint (cut down onyx rip for epson printers) doesn't do this, it just says 'waiting for media size' or something. We are upgrading to Thrive along with an HP560 this week, so good to know this is something to look out for.

Bly

We're on Thrive 12.
In your quicksets there's an option to "reduce size to fit page".
Once deselected it will keep the job in the queue until you either tile it or find a larger roll/sheet.