• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx RIP Center Mutoh Edition Build 10.0.0.89 - Issue with Printing Gray

Steve Brown

Hi,
Can you help as I am trying to print gradients of Black which have a green tint and Gray seem to print Brown.
I am using Metamrk Media.
I have a Mutoh Valuejet 1304 and using Onyx RIP Center Mutoh Edition 10.0.0.89.
Thanks.

YMCK

I have noticed when printing with Greyscale turning All ICC profiles off in preflight has solved this issue.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
If you turn all ICC profiles off, that means you're just printing with black ink which is great for pure grey scale. But not so great as it can cause grainy print and easier to see banding.

have you made a profile or using canned ones?

racershawn

dealing with this right now with flexi and a 1638 ... I got so disgusted with my new 1638 and went to a friend with a Roland and versa ... asked him to print a sample and wow it was great color and consistency....

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
dealing with this right now with flexi and a 1638 ... I got so disgusted with my new 1638 and went to a friend with a Roland and versa ... asked him to print a sample and wow it was great color and consistency....

If you're using a canned profile (came with the printer/software - onyx) well then i don't expect you to get good blacks.