• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Rip cut question

artofacks1

After I print my project. Where does the cut file get saved at?

Currently I print of the HP Latex and I didn't cut right away. I restarted my system and the cut file can't in the cut server anymore.

How can I just cut with out having to send it to print?

BigNate

Currently I print of the HP Latex and I didn't cut right away. I restarted my system and the cut file can't in the cut server anymore.

One Quick-and-Dirty method we use all the time:

If you have the original artwork still, just hit the print button to send it to the printer, but as soon as it starts printing, click the cancel button (all from Onyx). Onyx creates and saves the cut file before starting to send the actual print data to the printer, so even if you cancel the print, you have already generated the cut file you need.

Caren Hines

start printing the file again like you are going to :really print it" but your not, have open your cut server once you see it pop up stop the file from printing ( Tricking the cut server )

BluetailGFX

Journeyman
if you are missing a Cut Server file, you can trick the program into recreating it.

Using the same output parameters in Placement ( space between copies, size, barcode, etc. )

Then go to Configure Printer, go to Device, click on the Printer in the Physical Printer List, then hit Configure Port, select Print To File, click Configure, then make or select a folder somewhere to "send" the "print" to.
Click ok and ok out of the dialoge windows, back to the main Onyx window.

Now hit Print Now like normal.

The file info will be sent to that folder you designated earlier, and the Cut File will also be regenerated and sent to the Cut Server as normal.

Then you have to go back to Configure Printer, go back to the Configure Port, click on the usual connection type that you use ( i use TCP/IP ), so then I take the IP address from the printer, re-enter it in, click ok , ok out of the Dialogs, and you should be back to normal output with your cut file in Cut Server.

Pauly65

Try resending print job the cut file should go to the cut server before prints start that way you can stop print before it goes ahead.
this worked for me after i deleted the cut file by mistake.