• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx Rip Error The image failed to rasterize

Derek C

We are having issues with Onyx. We have been unable to print anything including old files that printed fine the other day. The error we are receiving is The image failed to rasterize. Please check your selections. We have tried all the known fixes that we can find such as.... changing to 2 stage processing, trying a tiff file, restarting the software, creating a smaller image, restarting the computer, making sure we can pull from hot folders, and making sure transparency is allowed. Anyone have anything else we can try?

papabud

Lone Wolf
if you go into your hard drive and into your onyx folder and find the work folder, you could have a bad file in there.
i would clean out a lot of your older jobs
make sure your computer hard drive isnt full. if it cant build a new file it will fault out like that
might be something to look at. i only keep 2 months worth of old jobs in my printed queue

Derek C

if you go into your hard drive and into your onyx folder and find the work folder, you could have a bad file in there.
i would clean out a lot of your older jobs
make sure your computer hard drive isnt full. if it cant build a new file it will fault out like that
might be something to look at. i only keep 2 months worth of old jobs in my printed queue
Thanks for the reply papabud. We've tried all that and are still having the same issue. The hard drive have plenty of space left. Any other suggestions?

papabud

Lone Wolf
i have had the same issue from time to time. a system restart and cleaing out the work folder usally fixes it for me. can you do a software reinstall.
sounds like a setting somewhere went weird on you or a file got corrupted.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Has anyone made any changes to the media profiles since it worked last?
We will occasionally get that error if someone's been playing with a profile.

Derek C

Thanks for the help guys. We finally got it up and working. Webroot was keeping it from working somehow. Once we turned it off we were able to print again. Again, thanks for the help it's greatly appreciated!

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
Our IT department had implemented Webroot in the past and it held up our (Flexi) Production Manager. Took me forever to figure out what it was after many software re-installs, ruined materials, and headaches, finally seeing a pop-up window that Webroot had quarantined the software.

BlueRidgeSignSupply

Print Manager
Ran into this a couple times, normally profile specific. I just edit the image under a different profile, and then switch the profile over to the right profile once it's been rendered and rotated.