• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx/summa 6/9 code problem - solved!

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Hi guys, I made a thread about this but there were a few other questions bundled in but I got a fix for this so thought I’d share.

Basically, we have onyx 18.5 and a summa s series cutter. Using the barcode server for automated cutting.

When onyx generates a barcode for your cut file, it gives each end of the sheet a different code (so it knows which end of the sheet you put in). One end gets a 6 code, and the other a 9.

Basically, whenever we put the 6 code side in the cutter, then got it to read the barcode, the barcode server would say “sending file failed”. (Annoying as this was the end that came out the laminator so we had to put everything through the laminator again so the 9 code would feed into the summa first).

I contacted our summa seller (Art Systems) and they essentially said it was a “training error” - assuming they thought I was an idiot and could only make it read the marks one way somehow. I don’t know.

Then I contacted onyx direct, they seemed to know the problem and sent me a patch (which worked!). Though I did have to turn the “roll server” option off.

They did mention that it wasn’t on the website etc so it looks like you need to ask them direct (hence why I thought I’d mention it here). Or I kept the file just in case so if you run into the same problem, give me a shout and I’ll send the patch over.

Hope this helps someone! I realise I mansplained but hopefully this will help (and may help it show up in a google search if anyone tries that).

Last edited:

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hello iPrintStuff,

Thank you for posting the solution to this issue and I am glad to hear that you found a solution to your issue. Do you recall who you spoke with here at Airmark? I don't think that we sold you your machine if you are based in the UK(we can only sell Summa products to customers based in the US) but I do want to ensure that we provided you with the best support possible. Could you send me a PM with some details on who you spoke with so that I can look into this more and ensure we provide better support next time?

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
No problem! I am glad to hear that everything got sorted out. Feel free to email me anytime if I can help out at all.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com