• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Swatches for i1

Tovis

I have a grand format machine I am trying to color manage but the swatches it is kicking out are tiny. Any idea how to make these larger?

I have a grand format machine I am trying to color manage but the swatches it is kicking out are tiny. Any idea how to make these larger?

The size and pattern of the charts are dictated by the choice of measurement instrument that you have defined in the Media Manager module of ONYX. Different devices will dictate different charts.

Tovis

Am I stuck with the size of the one for the i1, or can I make it larger somehow. I think I remember in colorburst they were much larger.

The size and pattern of the charts are dictated by the choice of measurement instrument that you have defined in the Media Manager module of ONYX. Different devices will dictate different charts.

The i1Pro2 device generates a smaller size patch than the older i1Pro did. This is due to a much higher strobe frame capture rate (200 fps) on the i1Pro2 device. While it is possible to scale the size of the patch chart in Onyx, you need to be careful that the size does not exceed the length of the ruler and chart reading tray.

Tovis

Ah, I see. What do people with large billboard printers do? Just work with the tiny patches?

The i1Pro2 device generates a smaller size patch than the older i1Pro did. This is due to a much higher strobe frame capture rate (200 fps) on the i1Pro2 device. While it is possible to scale the size of the patch chart in Onyx, you need to be careful that the size does not exceed the length of the ruler and chart reading tray.

In absolute terms, the size of the patch should not really matter, unless there are color or density variations across the width of the printer's output area. One thing that you can do in ONYX would be to print multiple iterations of the patch sets, measure them, and then have ONYX average the readings. It certainly takes longer to do this, but this will better account for any of these potential variations.

Tovis

I knew they were a bit too small. It appears that the rip is cutting the file size in half when it gets to the printer. I must be missing a setting somewhere.

In absolute terms, the size of the patch should not really matter, unless there are color or density variations across the width of the printer's output area. One thing that you can do in ONYX would be to print multiple iterations of the patch sets, measure them, and then have ONYX average the readings. It certainly takes longer to do this, but this will better account for any of these potential variations.