• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Onyx Thrive 221 ver. 18 - Randomly Deleting Media profiles

KyleS_86

Hey everyone, just curious if anyone has had any issues with Onyx Thrive randomly deleting media profiles?

I have all my media set up with Quick Sets and sometimes when I use a quick set to upload a file, I notice that the media has changed to the generic media settings. If I go and check in the Media Manager the substrate/media file is completely gone, so I have to load the material into the printer and re-sync the profile from the HP 560 media Library.

It doesn't do it all the time, but maybe a couple times a week with different Media profiles. I have also attempted to reach out to Onyx several times to try and see if I could find any updates for the software, but all they ended up telling me was that in order to update I would have to buy their support subscription for well over $1000.

I have used Onyx for years, and I don't remember having these issues, nor Onyx support being so unwilling to help with simple information.

Its not the end of the world in the end, just an annoyance, but any ideas or helpwould be much appreciated!

Thanks

KyleS_86

This problem called conflict between Windows and Onyx. Sometime Onyx can't receive access for own system files. During this process RIP reset settings for this mode to default. You must reinstall Onyx on non system drive and Run program with Administrator ruler after problem will solve.

I will try that, my only concern with doing that was losing all my settings, but I'm sure I can figure that out. Hopefully that works, thank you for the response!