• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Thrive Layout for small parts? (for Oce Arizona 1260)

lab2

Hello all,

Long time lurker/new poster so thanks in advance for your help.

Background: We currently print custom USB drives 200 up on a Mimaki 7151 using Rasterlink. We have your typical acrylic jig that holds them in place. We have several of these jigs so we can preload them. The tighter tolerance jigs were water jet cut. However, we have found it periodically useful to use "Jig Print" in Rasterlink so we can calibrate each of the USB drive positions if needed. We can independently move say the fourth row/seventh column USB drive location but keep the other 199 USB drive locations unchanged.

We are now considering buying the Oce Arizona 1260 so we'll be using Onyx Thrive. We would still like to print those USB drives on this unit, but I've dug through the Onyx documentation and watch the "Layout" support videos online and I haven't been able to confirm there is something like RasterLink's "Jig Print" in Onyx. Anyone out there printing lots of small items? If so, are you just using tiling or is there a "jig print" equivalent I'm just not seeing?

Regards,
Ben

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
No jig print from what I've seen. Probably best off to use the template the acrylic was cut with on the water jet as a guide and use the bed alignment pins to set it in the exact same place each time.
Might be hit and miss the first couple of times. Perhaps lay down some paper on the bed first and do a test run with it, then lay the acrylic over the top to see how true your alignment is.

biggce55

Just layout your jig in illustrator and rip program in Onyx, that is all we do when it comes to multi up layouts for our flatbeds. We only use Onyx as a rip software only.