• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Thrive making a margin or gutter... Any ideas??

C5 Service&Repair

Using Onyx Thrive, with a Seiko/OkiData M64; Every file we send over is getting pushed to the left (as you look at the printer) or away from the capping area. Its about 5/8" that we cannot get rid of no matter what justify or orientation we use. We have a file that we want printed right in the center of the roll, but with center justify, its about 3/8-1/2" off to the left. Just choosing center justify should center it on the roll, but that is off just as bad. If I send test patterns our of CPM, they are all the way to the right media guard like they should be, so I know the printer knows where the media is....
Anyone run into this before?

Dan360

Check your media size manager, I believe there are gutter settings in there for all the different media widths. Or you could try sending as a no margin print and it may center better.

Joe House

I think that printer also has onboard settings for a stripe. Look on the printer menu. It gets save to the preset. (It's been years since I've sold Seiko printers, so my terminology may have been "Rolandized" but the idea is there.)

C5 Service&Repair

Yeah we've worked around it by adding offsets and margins. It shouldnt need to be that way though. I'm interested in finding why its adding this weird margin when no where in the software can I find anything telling it to do so....

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Try unclicking the edge guard compensation.
In media manager/specific profile/media options.

Attachments

• 2019-07-01 13_12_02-Media Options.png
    2019-07-01 13_12_02-Media Options.png
    23 KB · Views: 489