Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onyx Thrive making a margin or gutter... Any ideas??

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by C5 Service&Repair, Jun 25, 2019.

1. C5 Service&Repair

C5 Service&Repair Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    Using Onyx Thrive, with a Seiko/OkiData M64; Every file we send over is getting pushed to the left (as you look at the printer) or away from the capping area. Its about 5/8" that we cannot get rid of no matter what justify or orientation we use. We have a file that we want printed right in the center of the roll, but with center justify, its about 3/8-1/2" off to the left. Just choosing center justify should center it on the roll, but that is off just as bad. If I send test patterns our of CPM, they are all the way to the right media guard like they should be, so I know the printer knows where the media is....
    Anyone run into this before?

2. Modern Ink Signs

Modern Ink Signs Premium Subscriber

Jun 27, 2008
    Waukesha, WI
    What file format are you using?

3. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    Check your media size manager, I believe there are gutter settings in there for all the different media widths. Or you could try sending as a no margin print and it may center better.

4. C5 Service&Repair

C5 Service&Repair Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    We're using a PDF, with the overall file size 1" smaller than the media.

5. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    I think that printer also has onboard settings for a stripe. Look on the printer menu. It gets save to the preset. (It's been years since I've sold Seiko printers, so my terminology may have been "Rolandized" but the idea is there.)

6. C5 Service&Repair

C5 Service&Repair Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    Yes it does. The stripe is turned off in both CPM and Thrive.... that was one of my first ideas... lol

7. Andy_warp

Andy_warp Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Add 5/8” white margin to the opposite side of your print layout.

8. C5 Service&Repair

C5 Service&Repair Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    Yeah we've worked around it by adding offsets and margins. It shouldnt need to be that way though. I'm interested in finding why its adding this weird margin when no where in the software can I find anything telling it to do so....

9. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Utah
    Try unclicking the edge guard compensation.
    In media manager/specific profile/media options.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1