• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx tiling Problems on large jobs?

jfiscus

Rap Master
We are running Onyx 11 on a super-fast new computer on Windows 7.
We have been having some tiling issues when ripping extremely large wraps.
We wrapped a conference room and after every other panel it just skipped about 4" of image. We are able to go back and manually print only those panels, but WTF is going on? Anyone else ever had issues like that?

YMCK

I've never seen anything like that. What printer did you print on? Where are the 4 inches missing from? Is it like it stopped printing the tile 4 inches early, or is it missing along the vertical edge?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I've never seen anything like that. What printer did you print on? Where are the 4 inches missing from? Is it like it stopped printing the tile 4 inches early, or is it missing along the vertical edge?
Every two panels (columns) there is an entire 4" column just missing in this wall wrap.

Bly

We do a lot of large tiled wall prints and never had that problem.
Maybe you have the tile width set incorrectly.
One issue I had was prints erroring out after one or two panels - the files were jpegs.
Re saving them as tiffs fixed that.

jfiscus

Rap Master
are you trimming "to color" or are your trimmers cutting it at the overlap marks
It is being cut off at the print edge "to color" and all of the panels are the same size so it isn't the production department's error. there is just a full 4" (plus overlap) completely missing every other panel. In the RIP when the job is brought back up it shows everything tiled "correctly" still.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We do a lot of large tiled wall prints and never had that problem.
Maybe you have the tile width set incorrectly.
One issue I had was prints erroring out after one or two panels - the files were jpegs.
Re saving them as tiffs fixed that.
This is a large .TIFF file, but it is just under the size limit for a .TIFF file. (1,988,088 KB)
This is a full wrap for a conference room (643.96" x 97.6" at 90 DPI); possibly the largest single image file I have printed.
In hindsight I probably should have set each wall up as a separate image when I went to print it.

Andy D

Personally, I prefer to create my panels manually in my design program,
and export and rip each panel individually. It seems too easy to mess up and
miss something when you let onyx do it for you.