• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ONYX tiling & size accuracy?

DougWestwood

Hi There,

Anyone else having problems with the ONYX THRIVE tiling commands?
I'm new in this shop and have had several folks tell me that the tiling option in ONYX THRIVE is giving them inaccurate tiles and prints.

Have others had the same problem? Is there a fix?
Thanks!
- Doug

dypinc

Hi There,

Anyone else having problems with the ONYX THRIVE tiling commands?
I'm new in this shop and have had several folks tell me that the tiling option in ONYX THRIVE is giving them inaccurate tiles and prints.

Have others had the same problem? Is there a fix?
Thanks!
- Doug

Are you sure it is Onyx or the Printer/Media combination. What Printer? What Media?

There are a lot of printers out there that are set by default to make feed adjustments based of what banding they might be detecting. This could potentially alter the the length of any print if this is not turned off.

DougWestwood

ONYX Thrive

Are you sure it is Onyx or the Printer/Media combination. What Printer? What Media?

There are a lot of printers out there that are set by default to make feed adjustments based of what banding they might be detecting. This could potentially alter the the length of any print if this is not turned off.

Hi DYPINC,
Yeah, that is a good call, but not happening here. It's a Vutek flat/roll hybrid. Inputs are very easy and materials do not just self-load or line up.
The problem we are having is that ONYX is creating the tiles in the wrong sizes. So this problem occurs well before we get to the printer.
Software issue, for sure.
- Doug

Andriy

Hi DYPINC,
Yeah, that is a good call, but not happening here. It's a Vutek flat/roll hybrid. Inputs are very easy and materials do not just self-load or line up.
The problem we are having is that ONYX is creating the tiles in the wrong sizes. So this problem occurs well before we get to the printer.
Software issue, for sure.
- Doug

Have you tried creating tiles without overlap and seeing if that gives you an issue? Also maybe un-check weld if it's checked.

DougWestwood

AI files to size

Yeah, we are making tiles in AI to get around it, but I would like the software to do it for me, as intended.

Thanks for any tips!
- Doug