• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx V 5.6

JSNGraphics

I recently purchased a dongle key for version 5.6 of Onyx. Does anyone know where I can find that software?
Thanks,
JSNGraphics

FrankW

Onyx 5.6? Do you mean Onyx 5, Onyx 5.5 or Onyx 6?

This software is very old. Regularly you can download Onyx-Versions from the Onyx-Website, but not versions which are that old

JSNGraphics

Onyx 5.6? Do you mean Onyx 5, Onyx 5.5 or Onyx 6?

This software is very old. Regularly you can download Onyx-Versions from the Onyx-Website, but not versions which are that old

I was just going off what the guy on the phone told me from onyx. He said version 5.6. Maybe he meant to say Onyx 5.5? Any idea where I can download it since it's no longer available on thier website?

FrankW

Perhaps there is a 5.6 ... I have worked with 5.5 in 1998 and had a break with onyx until Onyx 7.

What do you want to do with that software? Do you use such an old printer?

No idea were to download.

Hotspur

Onyx 5.6

Yes there was a 5.6 - actually it was the first time the rip took on its current user interface and thus the earliest one that current users could comfortably go back and use.

Thats where the good news ends though...

There are no downloads anymore and even if you found someone who had the disks, the upgrades etc were done online and that service has gone so you wont get the bug fixes / service packs etc.

You also cannot upgrade this rip any more - not since 2010.

Also as the rip was launched in 2000 or 2001 then any new printer beyond probably 2003 will not work with it.

Thus you need to find a printer launched over a decade ago to work with it.

I hope the person that sold you this dongle mentioned all of this before sale?...