• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx variable printing for yard signs

Dave DM1

I have a HP FB500- new user question with Onyx rip software

We have a request for 600 yard signs that have variable printing with the first name and last name. We have a jpeg for each design.
Is it possible to upload multiple jobs using a onyx to the HPFB 500 and run this as one job?

I’m trying to see if this is even possible as the job won’t make sense if we have to run one sign at a time.

My goal is to upload all of the files as “one” job and then just run this like a regular bulk yard sign order, hopefully eliminating the need to set jobs up multiple times

I really appreciate any help or advice

thanks!!

ikarasu

I don't believe onyx has a way, but It'd take about 30 seconds to setup in illustrator if you have it.

ikarasu

I stand corrected....

Lots of nifty stuff in the layout tool. Kind of weird how they don't have any of these options in Job editor.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I rarely use it as it still doesn't feel like a finished tool, but it might get OP out of trouble.
I'd normally do it in Illustrator out of familiarity.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
You can also use Adobe Indesign to do a data merge or just set up boards. That's how we used to do it before we got our Zund.

If you decide you want to sub this out, we would love to work with you on it. Easy peasy... :p

https://www.firesprint.com

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Even if it were 4/4...it wouldn't be difficult. Just tedious making sure each pc is there. PDFs & Caldera makes it a bit easier in that regards