• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Ver 7.3.2 crashing on Windows 7(64bit)

scody

Got a question you maybe able to help me with.

I have loaded Onyx Ver 7.3.2.16 on a Windows 7 platform (64-bit) PC.

We have 4 x mimaki printers

1) JV33 - 160 with a usb connection
2) JV5 – 160 with a usb connection
3) JV4 – 160 with a firewire connection
4) JV4 – 160 with a firewire connection

As we load the job either by EPS. or directly thru Coreldraw X5 via virtual printer, the Mimaki(JV33 & JV4) starts to print 15% of the job then Onyx crashes (server executable has stopped working) as per attached file

I have no ideas on why Onyx would crash. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Onyx crash.jpg
    Onyx crash.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 240

jiarby

I believe that x10 is the version supported for Windows 7... and I dont think they like 64 bit even then.

I did the same thing this week... installed 7.3.2 on my WIn7-64 machine. It bombs too. My key is no good for x10 so I have to upgrade or keep an happy XP machine. I am just going to build a backup XP machine just to keep on the shelf as a RIP backup. When we get enough folding jack then maybe we will upgrade to x10. Not anytime soon though!

Over on Scotty's forum there is some discussion of Win7 & 7.3.2. No one likes it. http://www.onyxtalk.com/thread-productionhouse-on-64bit-i7

superjay5

Had the same issue with 7.3 running on 64 bit. It would be stable for a while, but then would start crashing, till you just couldn't get the rip to open up again. If I reinstalled I could use it again for a day or two, but the crashing would happen again.

Upgraded to x10, I have had it installed maybe two months now, no crashing whatsoever. Happy so far.

I run a Epson gs6000 and a oce 350gt

Print Com

I had problems with production house 7.3 crashing, but that was when I started it up and or would not find printers, so now I have to right click on the mouse and run it in administrator mode and haven't had any problems sense. my you can do the same...

hope this might help

jens

we stopped working with onyx rip. to many server.exe errors. make shure you got the latest drivers of the mimaki. and the drivers of your firewire ports. connect only 1 firewire printer and see if you still got the error

drive

Never had an issue running 7.3 with Windows 7 64x with a single JV5 attached.
No more, no less....

jiarby

Jay... do the ink and media calculation functions actually work in x10?

I still am using an old single core XP box for a RIP.... and jonesing to schlep up a quad i7-970 Win7 for the RIP, but volume now just doesn't make that expense necessary (The $$ for the screaming PC plus the upgrade expense for Onyx 7.3 to X10)

I'd be interested in seeing some task manager screenshots of x10 ripping two jobs at once... how well does it multi-thread and utilize the extra cores? Maybe we need a 7.3.2 vs x10 thread?

If my current machine crashed I would just build a replacement XP machine and keep using 7.3.2