• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx versions

Tatonka

What's the difference between all the Onyx versions?

I currently have Postershop 18 for our Epson S80600, and I'm curious if it's worth upgrading to 19, or Thrive, or whatever the other options are. I'd like to dig into color profiling more, given that we're a paint shop and it'd be nice to get closer to paint colors easily, but the entire process in Onyx has pretty much been greek to me. Do the other versions have a more intuitive interface for that? The onyx website is pretty worthless....

Rip-queue just flaked out on me while changing some settings and crashes on open, and I don't know that I want to mess with uninstalling it and starting over from scratch if it's worth trying to convince the boss to upgrade to a newer version.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Deleting everything from the queue folder should get it up and running again. You can then re-add the files back piece by piece until it crashes again. You'll eventually find the culprit job which will need to be re-created. We did this today for the first time in years. Painful, but only lost 2 jobs from the entire archive which we never needed to reprint.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Buy the "maintenance agreement" every year and it includes all upgrades/patches throughout that time period. It also includes customer support for issues like you're currently having. The newest version doesn't do any real improvements besides speed things up a little bit. Keeping your ques clean are the biggest part of having it run smoothly. Matching paint colors is a whole different process where you are going to have to print out the paint charts and color profile your RIP to match those and even then possibly create your own color libraries in your software and RIP.

Tatonka

Deleting everything from the queue folder should get it up and running again. You can then re-add the files back piece by piece until it crashes again. You'll eventually find the culprit job which will need to be re-created. We did this today for the first time in years. Painful, but only lost 2 jobs from the entire archive which we never needed to reprint.

that fixed it, once I remembered where the folder was. There's not many jobs I print multiple times, so it's not a big deal to delete everything for me.