• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx with graphtec

Fbermudez

Hello I'm printing on a hp latex using onyx and cutting on a grapthec 8600.
I have been just kiss cutting but now I need to contour cut some decals.
I know how to set up the kiss cutting and contour cutting, I just need to figure out how to PAUSE the cutter after it does
the kiss cutting because it tries to cut the contour cut right after.
Any help will be appreciated.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If nothing else, you can select what layers you want to send in cutserver. On the right side, you have to click on other job to save the selection.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
You need to have the kisscut and thrucut named cut paths (whatever you call it) set properly in you file.

In onyx cut centre, you need to set up the paths (bottom right)
I forget the name as I'm not at the computer.
You'll have one called kisscut named exactly as your cut path, and another called thrucut or cutcontour.

Now depending if you're using the setting on the 8600 or using Onyx to set the cut settings.
You sent to set the cut condition for thrucut to blade position 2, and kisscut to position 1.

So when it changes tools. It'll beep at you.

Fbermudez

You need to have the kisscut and thrucut named cut paths (whatever you call it) set properly in you file.

In onyx cut centre, you need to set up the paths (bottom right)
I forget the name as I'm not at the computer.
You'll have one called kisscut named exactly as your cut path, and another called thrucut or cutcontour.

Now depending if you're using the setting on the 8600 or using Onyx to set the cut settings.
You sent to set the cut condition for thrucut to blade position 2, and kisscut to position 1.

So when it changes tools. It'll beep at you.
Thanks I'll give it a try.

yannb

On our FC9000 we kisscut and thrucut with the knife in the same position (the channel). With the layers in Onyx in the correct order, and layer settings pointing to different conditions, it’ll first kisscut and then thrucut automatically. Maybe this is possible on your machine too.

Fbermudez

On our FC9000 we kisscut and thrucut with the knife in the same position (the channel). With the layers in Onyx in the correct order, and layer settings pointing to different conditions, it’ll first kisscut and then thrucut automatically. Maybe this is possible on your machine too.
you can do it but your cutting stick will not last too long, I have a FC8600 and position 3 sit on the channel right in front of the stick so it will not damage the cutting stick.

ikarasu

you can do it but your cutting stick will not last too long, I have a FC8600 and position 3 sit on the channel right in front of the stick so it will not damage the cutting stick.
He kiss cuts over the channel, so it doesn't affect his cutting strip at all.

It's common and we do it as well unless.it has really sharp angled cuts.... For everything else it works perfectly

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
He kiss cuts over the channel, so it doesn't affect his cutting strip at all.

It's common and we do it as well unless.it has really sharp angled cuts.... For everything else it works perfectly
Really? i never though about doing that..
What are the drawbacks ?

ikarasu

Really? i never though about doing that..
What are the drawbacks ?
The pressure isn't as "Consistant", So if you're cutting something with a lot of small intricate cuts... like tiny text, there can be some spots that didnt cut all the way through. For stickers and anything over 2" it's usually fine though... give it a try! You can set it so the graphtec goes to certain conditions through onyx, so you can have a condition thats strong enough to kiss, and then one thats strong enough to perf and it'll do both automatically. Saves a bit of time if you don't want to swap blade positions

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
I channel cut everything on the Grahtecs 8600's and the 9000 all Kiss Cut and Contour Cuts come out perfect.
In 2023 I printed and cut 485 rolls of 54"x100' vinyl. I love my Graftecs.