Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onyx won't RIP double sided profile

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by MMPLarge Format, Jan 13, 2020.

1. MMPLarge Format

MMPLarge Format Member

Jul 18, 2019
    So we got this new material from Grimco called Duratex 8ML Blockout Display Film. I was directed by a Grimco Advisor to download a profile from HP's media locator called Cooley's Double Sided Super Smooth. My goal here is to print 4"x6" double sided graphics, place optically clear mounting adhesive on one side and then cut them out on my graphtec. Only thing is, for some reason when i use Onyx presets and tell it doublesided, it won't rip at all. It sits there as a "Pre-Preview" and then eventually causes Onyx to stop responding. This is a big project and I would really like to figure it out instead of having to outsource the job. Anybody have any ideas as to why it won't rip? Maybe the profile didn't get downloaded fully? The profile was bad?

2. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Here
    So if you tell it single sided will it RIP?

3. MMPLarge Format

MMPLarge Format Member

Jul 18, 2019
    It rips single sided but not double sided.

4. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Here
    Then there is nothing wrong with profile. I suppose onyx is still like when I last tested it and will not give a reason why it won't RIP if set to two sided.

Any chance setting your setting it 2 sided on the printer also and Onyx doesn't like that?

5. MMPLarge Format

MMPLarge Format Member

Jul 18, 2019
    No i hadn't done anything with the printer yet in terms of any double sided settings. I may have just pressed something wrong i guess? This is the first time i have had an issue like this though. Sometimes it'll do it if the file is too big but that's just cause my computer is slow and has a hard time processing big files.