• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx won't send files down to Mimaki UCJV anymore!

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Shut down our computers and printers yesterday for about 10 mins while the electrician was here doing some work.

Fired everything back up, and now I can't send files to our Mimaki UCJV from Onyx.

It is specifically an issue between Onyx Thrive and the Mimaki.

I can print to all other printers out of Onyx. I can print to Mimaki from Rasterlink.

Getting these errors from Onyx:
*** Mimaki UCJV300-160 Info : (Error) Unable to get printer status or status size was invalid
*** Mimaki UCJV300-160 Info : (Error) Unable to open custom TCP port (0)
*** Mimaki UCJV300-160 Info : ***Error - cannot start print!

The file just hangs and says "printing" for about 45 seconds then disappears from the queue with an error.

Any ideas? Nothing was changed in the settings and I had been printing all day before this.

I've got 1 side of a double sided banner order done and need to get the second side printed this morning. Going to try to dig up a different data cable and see if that changes anything, but the fact that it will communicate with Rasterlink tells me that the cable isn't the issue.

Thanks in advance.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Update:

Tried new cable, no change.
Rebooted network switch, no change.
Checked TC/IP settings - IP address was different than what is on the printer. Updated that, no change.

I'm at a loss here. I don't get how it can be communicating great every day then a simple reboot ruins everything!

yannb

Update:

Tried new cable, no change.
Rebooted network switch, no change.
Checked TC/IP settings - IP address was different than what is on the printer. Updated that, no change.

I'm at a loss here. I don't get how it can be communicating great every day then a simple reboot ruins everything!

Hi, it’s best to set a fixed IP address on your printer.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
NETWORK -> DHCP -> OFF
NETWORK -> IP ADDRESS -> set as desired
NETWORK -> GATEWAY -> usually your modem IP address
NETWORK -> SUB NET MASK -> 255.255.255.0 usually

White Haus

Not a Newbie
NETWORK -> DHCP -> OFF
NETWORK -> IP ADDRESS -> set as desired
NETWORK -> GATEWAY -> usually your modem IP address
NETWORK -> SUB NET MASK -> 255.255.255.0 usually

Thank you, will try updating all this info. For some reason they're (IP/Gateway/subnet mask) are all reading as 0.0.0.0, even after I change them.

Spoke to a tech for an hour this morning and the only thing we got to work was switching to USB cable. I'm finishing of this run of banners then back to troubleshooting.

Will report back!

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Try saving your print settings as a backup (I.e create a print install file) then load that printer as an *extra* printer then switch over the licence from the old one to the new one and see if that lets you print. We’ve been having trouble with our Colorado recently and I get the error #4 unsupported printer and I need to reinstall the printer for it to work. Huge PITA

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
I don't know that this will fix your problem, but sometimes a specific file can hang up Onyx. Close Onyx, then go to your Onyx/Work/Mimaki UCJV300-160 folder and delete all the files and restart Onyx. See if that helps...