• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx X10

signswi

Upgraded yesterday, only major thing we've noticed is they moved where you select cut paths. Now cut paths are indicated as part of a particular job's settings (or applied by a quickset to a job) and will function even with conserve media, instead of only print individually. That may end up having some really great implications for us on long-run orders that need cutpaths.

Otherwise...UI refresh, seems to operate a little bit more smoothly. Haven't really played with it much yet. Now has additional options for 16-bit color processing, few other things. We'll know more as we discover it, onyx drives 95% of our production and we can't pause to sit around fiddling with the new toy this time of year ;).

signswi

Getting a number of hard crashes and a bunch of other issues (like sort by time not sorting correctly). I'd hold off.

MikePro

won't go online with my printer after simple install post download of ProductionHouse.
Also, my PreFlight icon is grey'd out... didn't carry over with installation? Think I missed an option in the download/install?

Dice

I'm been reading on it, apparently there is a new process for profiling, specifically they have automated the ink limits somehow.

Will probably take a few patches for them to work out the bugs.

Bly

They promise to have simplified the ink restrictions step, but I'd like more info before taking that bait.

signswi

won't go online with my printer after simple install post download of ProductionHouse.
Also, my PreFlight icon is grey'd out... didn't carry over with installation? Think I missed an option in the download/install?

Greyed out for me too but you can launch it directly from it's exe or shortcut in your Start Menu. We just tell all the Onyx parts (preflight, cut, etc.) to stay pinned to the top of the Start Menu and launch from there. No clue why preflight is greyed out though, shouldn't be.

Still advising everyone to hold off for a few patches. Lots of little issues, like sort by date isn't sorting correctly despite the settings being what support said they should be. Finding we have to baby it a bit to avoid hard locks though that could be the age of our RIP computer starting to show.

Haven't reprofiled anything yet, too busy to pause production right now, so can't speak to whether the ink limit process has changed.