• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx's 11 option quits working "Apply the settings from the most recently submitted."

Andy D

For some reason the option to "Apply the settings from the most recently submitted job to new job" when you're opening
a new file in production house, quits working for a long time, weeks or months, and one day it's working again...
I haven't been able to figure out what causes this, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

I'm using Onyx 11, any help would be appreciated.

Andy D

Here is a screen shot of what I'm referring to....

attachment.php

Attachments

• onxy.jpg
    onxy.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 126

YMCK

What type of file are you trying to open? I had this happen to me a while ago while I was trying to open a .onyx file, onyx support told me that you cannot apply that setting to a .Onyx file. Hope this helps

YMCK

Interesting yeah it only happened to me with files that were from Onyx, but yeah that shouldn't be happening, have you tried to do a clean install of the program?

GP_Oz

Are you opening it in Preflight - or directly in the rip que via the "open" tab ?
Both are very different in what they do.

Opening in preflight will generate an onyx autofile - ie. You can open that file via preflight next time and all the settings you applied to the job will be set when it opens - size, colour corrections etc etc the works. It saves the file in the same location as the original file was - its handy(as long as you do not move/delete files)

By opening an autofile it greys out all options - printer and quick set for obvious reasons

Ill hazard a guess that you are opening the job via the que and that is why the option is not there, because there has been no changes..it cant have applied any opening direct into que other than quickset - ill bench test this tomorrow.

Andy D

Are you opening it in Preflight - or directly in the rip que via the "open" tab ?
Both are very different in what they do.

Opening in preflight will generate an onyx autofile - ie. You can open that file via preflight next time and all the settings you applied to the job will be set when it opens - size, colour corrections etc etc the works. It saves the file in the same location as the original file was - its handy(as long as you do not move/delete files)

By opening an autofile it greys out all options - printer and quick set for obvious reasons

Ill hazard a guess that you are opening the job via the que and that is why the option is not there, because there has been no changes..it cant have applied any opening direct into que other than quickset - ill bench test this tomorrow.
If by preflight you mean the production house job editor, yes, I'm opening it in that.

danno

Has this issue been resolved? I have an issue with 12 where "the apply the setting from the most recently submitted job to the new job", isn't applying the settings.