• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oodles of requests for trim wraps and chrome wraps

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
Our shop generally does signage and commercial vehicle graphics and wraps, but occasionally we get folks in doing colour changes etc.

But recently, we're getting call after call about chrome delete and black wraps on chrome emblems and trim. Almost daily requests. Why the big popularity now? Why does everyone hate chrome so much?

Anyway, do you folks take jobs like these? We almost never get the jobs because we quote pretty high - we're generally too busy with sign cans or dimensional stuff to get our wrap guy in for trim. Maybe if we already have him booked for a wrap..

Gene@mpls

Pricing is your best tool for work you don't really want to do, and if they make you do it... make it worth it.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I noticed the trend too. (I dont get requests for that stuff) But chrome was big 15 years ago. Folks from the hood would want chrome vinyl on their vehicle pillars. Guess its swining the other way now.

CanuckSigns

I've noticed a big increase in "personal" type projects since covid, I guess people are home more and looking to improve their house/car. We have gotten a ton of requests for fancy cast house address plaques and such, where before covid we only got 1 or 2 requests a year. I have a buddy who sells residential windows, he says he's never been so busy. The local lumber yards are sold out of pressure treated lumber this summer because everyone decided to get started on building a new deck.

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
Geez... I was hoping the "Black Car Parts Matter" thing was over.... Black Spoke Rims, Black everything.... Makes a vehicle look dirty, and it shows it too!
I'm a Boomer, so I'm a Chrome Guy from the Rat Fink Days....

missytoe

We are getting this a lot as well. We produce ambulances so we often powder coat paint the chrome areas rather than wrap them. But it's definitely a trend!

JetPress

wood.jpg

Bring back wood paneling!