Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Opaque bright yellow vinyl over black

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by LioH, May 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. LioH

LioH New Member

May 28, 2015
    Brussels
    Hi,

We need to put some 3M "Bright Yellow" over a black vinyl (car is half yellow/black).
    The problem is the 50-Serie is too much translucent then no so much "bright" yellow.
    Do you know is 80-serie or 100-serie is totally opaque ?

Thanks for you help,
    Lionel

Tags:
  2. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    if you're in a pinch, and already have the bright yellow vinyl handy, you could always laminate the yellow onto a white vinyl before cutting to make it more opaque.

seems odd, however, as I always thought the 50 series was opaque enough to lay yellow onto black to begin-with. I don't have any handy to check, as I use the 3m 7725 & 3630 series vinyls for my stock colors.

3. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    If we have this issue and no time to get other material we will put down a white block out layer cut slightly smaller.

4. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    +1 to what bill said.
    plus the offset gives the content a slightly-embossed effect which looks really cool up close.