• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opaque Yellow Coroplast

G

Ginger

We have had a lot of customers coming in wanting double sided yellow coroplast signs here lately, and I can't make myself use the non-opaque yellow coro, because of the show through. Is there anyone who make opaque yellow coro? or is there another solution?

Thanks!

Graphics2u

Don't know about opaque yellow, but I guess you could print on grey adhesive backed vinyl.
She must be using cut vinyl. Otherwise if you print them it wouldn't matter what color the coro is, you could just make the prints background yellow. But printing them would solve your problem by the way.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Here's my take on this. Cor-X signs are about the cheapest signs on the planet.... next to a magic marker and paper.

If your customer insists on cheap substrates, then why worry about being able to see shadows through it ??

I want a pair of shoes for $12.00 that cover my toes and entire foot. Can I use these at work in the steel mill ?? Can you add a reinforced toe section, cause I don't want to buy those $125 steel tip shoes ??

Ginger, there is no such animal and if there was.... it would be very popular. Otherwise, you're going to have to doctor up and polish a turd to achieve your goal.

G

Ginger

We are using cut vinyl. ha, yah, it is a turd polishing job. It doesn't come up that often to worry about, just thought someone might have some helpful insight.

Cheers!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We are using cut vinyl. ha, yah, it is a turd polishing job. It doesn't come up that often to worry about, just thought someone might have some helpful insight.

Cheers!

We have had a lot of customers coming in wanting double sided yellow coroplast signs here lately, and I can't make myself use the non-opaque yellow coro, because of the show through. Is there anyone who make opaque yellow coro? or is there another solution?

Thanks!

I guess this is what threw me off. :banghead:

Jillbeans

Gino I have a patent on the turd polishing comment, that will be 15¢ please, payable by PayPal.
If they want d/s just use white opaque or a dark color, if they are so in love with yellow do black or navy with yeller letters.
Love....Jill

Malkin

Last year I sold a screenprint job (which we outsource) that was 100 d/f yellow coro signs with dark green copy. I then realized what i did and ended up having the yellow printed on opaque white coro as an extra color. Didn't have as much margin on that job,but at least they were done right.

Now i just tell people that d/f yellow coro is an issue and costs extra.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry Jillbeans.......

Consider your money in the mail. Remember, just consider it. I didn't say it was there, so don't expect anything soon. :loveya:

Ginger......​

There's only one quick cheap fix to this kind of cheap customer..... besides throwing their sorry butt out the door..

You have to be set up to do this if it's high quantities. You flood a yellow coat on one side only of your Cor-X. To make things easy, make the yellow flood coat the same color as the Cor-X. When that dries, apply your vinyl die-cuts to both sides.

If you only need 15 or 25, find some completely opaque yellow vinyl and apply it to one side only. Then apply your vinyl die-cuts.

Years ago, we would screen print maybe 500 pieces in an afternoon just for this very reason.... to have an inventory of opaque yellow blanks. Cost us maybe $75 total adding about 50¢ per sheet. Then we got smart and told the people, it can't be done. Who in their right mind wants such cheap-ass customers ?? You go out of your way to devise a method which will work and they go to the guy down the street with a better price, by a few pennies, that doesn't bother covering anything up and you can read the chit on the other side with ease. Save yourself some headaches..... :frustrated: