• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opening CMYK and RGB files in flexi

CalamityJay

When I open a CYMK file, the colors are absolutely screaming on the screen.

When I open a RGB file, the colors are dull and muted and look muddy.

Is this a known issue with flexi?
Using soft proof is a joke in this software. When I turn it on, all the color swatches turn black along with the image.

Are the CMYK and RGB files swapped when viewing on screen?

What am I doing wrong?

SAI i am confused daily with my skills creating graphics.

End Rant.

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
Similar Problem

I had a job recently from a client who supplied me with PDF files from Illustrator set in CMYK. The problem was when I opened them all in Flexi, the colors shifted from a CMYK to all RGB. I've have minor shifts in color from Flexi is CMYK values but never a total change in schemes. Of course I didn't notice this right away and printed the entire job (on reflective) which was over a $2,000 order.

Frustrated isn't the word.

Kwiksigns

wookie
buy a screen calibrator. huey makes one. When I hit soft proof, my colors come out almost exact to what is on my screen..... sooo... no. this is not a known problem, but user error.

Ponto

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Flexi,..........once again I feel your pain..............I have the exact opposite issue with CMYK / RGB files..........I wonder if the "good" people at SAI would respond with a definitive work around?

What are your color setting under the Tools tab?

JP

AnthonyRalano

I have this problem when I design a business card in Photoshop and then import it into Flexi for my proof template. I always just screen shot cmyk photoshop stuff and then import it for my proofs because I don't know the answer either.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The issues experience above are almost certainly due to mismatched color spaces. If you open an RGB file in CMYK mode it will always mute the colors because it's trying to convert colors that only exist in the RGB space to the CMYK space.