Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opening eps files with Corel 12???

Discussion in 'Corel' started by Slack11, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Slack11

Slack11 Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I can't open eps files in corel draw. When I try to import them, all that is imported is a gray square with the name of the file I tried to open. Is there a trick to doing this? Within the help section it says I should be able to open these.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tags:
  2. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    You need to make sure you installed the correct filters for import of those files I have no problem

3. graphix

graphix Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Ohio
    sometimes in at the bottom of your import box when it pops up you see..Files of type....select ps,prn,eps,-postscript-interpeter..and that might work or try to just open them with the same settings as above..sometimes it works for me...

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    You are probably using the "All Files" setting for "Files of Type" when you are importing which then has Corel choosing the import filter. As mentioned there is a specific filter set named PostScript Interpreted which can be selected. There is also a second filter named Illustrator AI - EPS which, IMHO, works better than the PS Interpreted. Try selecting each and compare the results.

5. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Opening eps files in CorelDraw

Try using "open" instead of "import"
    I get files like that from a customer quite often:thumb:

6. Slack11

Slack11 Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Thank you guys for the help.... I switched the type of file and it allowed me to open these. The open command worked also. Man, it is nice to have this forum to ask questions about this stuff.

Thanks for all your help.

7. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    The only difference between Open and Import is that the Open command creates a new page and the Import command brings the file into an already open page. There should be no difference in how well or poorly the selected import filter works.

8. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

I have recieved some .eps files that will not import no matter what import filter is used. You can open these files and then copy and paste into the file you want it in. An extra step but one that is nice to know about.