• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

opening new sign shop, need some help

salazar

Hey guys I'm finally going to open up a sign shop, but i need some ideas or what I would need, first i need some ideas on what kind of displays to put in the store front and inside when they come in to store

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It would probably help most of us, if you gave some idea of what you a actually do. While certain displays or decorations might help a normal signmaker, it might not fit a wrapper's set up. What's your focus gonna be ??

Joe Diaz

Samples of your work, and samples of materials.
This ^
No matter what type of sign shop you plan on being, chances are these two things will be extremely helpful. We have someone up front at all times too. This person can answer questions, price small jobs, take orders, take messages, etc...

.... and a candy jar.

iSign

do you have money?

if so, maybe making a nifty showroom will be fun...
is it essential? ...no, I certainly wouldn't borrow money to do that...

...put an ambitious hungry sign guy in a chair, next to a vinyl cutter.
Put a production table in the same room with you, go find some work & start doing it.
The success (or lack thereof) of this process, is what your business & your bank account will be built on, not your nifty showroom.

if you got money, then yes... tell us your budget, show pics of your space, & identify your target market & a little of your business plan. With that, I'm sure you can get an abundance of great ideas... but without it, you just get the vague post award :toasting:

Zx360

This ^
No matter what type of sign shop you plan on being, chances are these two things will be extremely helpful. We have someone up front at all times too. This person can answer questions, price small jobs, take orders, take messages, etc...

.... and a candy jar.

I here ya. Although we eat most of it.:Big Laugh

We also have a candy jar, used to have a popcorn machine... Honestly the employees eat both more, but we say they are for the customers and their bratty little kids when they come in. What ever they want to think.

We we have material samples and are working on a tv with photos of our work cycling on repeat.

Craig Sjoquist

A clean showroom with samples of your work but most of all samples of work you would like to do. a mural painted on at least one wall, if ya have items for sale then properly displayed.