• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinion on Color from Signs365

Just placed my first order for banners from signs365 for 8 banners. Little nervous about the color. I have some type on the banner that is 81,95,0,0 and their preview shows the color being more of a vibrant blue than a purple. I'm hoping that this is just their onscreen preview and it prints more like it is in the file. The whole file was built as CMYK. Tried chatting with them and they said they can't guarantee color. Anyone with experience from them find their color to be pretty good? I realize it isn't going to match perfectly, but it should be somewhat close. Anyone know if they are printing G7?

Locals Find!

I send them a lot of work and they do a pretty good job. If you really need to match a color them PMS match for free.

They can do most pms colors.

I wouldn't have to say that it needs to match, just if it's purple in the file, it comes out purple on the banner....have you seen that their preview file is move vivid and brighter than what it should be?

parrott

I love signs 365, but their color matching is laughable. They are a great company and I don't mean to be harsh, but it is. I have heard of others having great success with their pms matching, but unfortunately we have not. I will definitely still order from them and continue using them in the future, just not for anything with a critical pms match.

BBworks

Dont judge colours by monitors, if you need a specific colour printed share the cmyk, rgb, or pantone numbers.

LarryB

I use them quite a bit and am very satisfied with their pricing and turnaround. Their banners are printed on matte material and colors are somewhat muted with a matte appearance. Colors are kinda washed out but acceptable. Print quality is nowhere near my Roland but it is ok. I use them for oversize banners or double sided pole banners which are seen from a distance.

If you are trying to match a specific color or have a picky customer then I would think twice about using them for this project. You have to remember these guys are fast and cheap.

Rickey J

I have used them on quite a few jobs and I am very happy with there service most of all. The colors I have needed have never been critical. But over all I give them an A+ Rating.

Billct2

I use them and have always been satisfied with the results.
If it was a job for an anal rententive customer that was willing to pay for perfection I would consider a different vendor though.

scuba_steve2699

I would believe that they could guarantee an exact match of a CMYK color - it is easy enough to accomplish with any RIP software.

I do not believe that there is G7 certification with digital printing. It is a certification with offset printing.

Who would you use if you need colors matched?

I use them and have always been satisfied with the results.
If it was a job for an anal rententive customer that was willing to pay for perfection I would consider a different vendor though.

I just ordered pink signs from signs101 and the border came out red. The pink was damn near glowing pink in my artwork. They got the pink in the text just not in the border.

Who would you use if you need colors matched on digital signs?

Attachments

• pinkdrinks.jpg
    pinkdrinks.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 138
  • pinkdrinks-actual.jpg
    pinkdrinks-actual.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 133

Typestries

Because we output tons of other folks files, I can say with 100% certainty that color issues are 100% dependent on the file submitted provided the vendor has a solid profile.

Many times a "bad file" it's not even caught on the customer side-they may have an older monitor that renders weird, lack the proper PMS pallettes, set up files with CMYK and RGB mixed, have colors that look the same on screen but are defined differently, etc.

I don't know if we printed the above sign, but I can guarantee that if the printer has the ability to hit the pink in the type, it has the ability to hit the pink on the border provided it's given the proper information in the file. I'd bet that if you eyedroppered the copy and then the border, it's a different color all together, and possibly even one CMYK and one RGB.

Whether it's us, S365, 4over or whomever, unless you prep your files 100% using PMS swatches (that you reference to a swatchbook, NOT your monitor) or you have a perfectly calibrated monitor to your vendors systems, there will always be some color variations. It's inherent in the process.

As vendors, we can get close, and in our case we either do, or have schooled our clients to improve file setups for better color.

If anyone wants to ask a file prep question, I'm happy to help (even if we don't print for you).

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We get the same type of things constantly....client asking "why the yellow is Green when printed?" Hmmm....RGB yellow converted to CMYK always adds Cyan...comes out with a green cast.
Basically, we have simply gone to telling clients to stay away from RGB in anything but photographic images. Keeping that rule of thumb, for them along with utilizing PMS colors in NAMED Spot Colors has helped us a great deal.
Like Rick said...as vendors we can get close...its the establishment of a relationship with the vendor that gets you the consistent output you need for your clients IMO.

Letterbox Mike

I do not believe that there is G7 certification with digital printing. It is a certification with offset printing.

There is, we just finished the training for it and we have a few medias/profiles we're getting ready to send in for approval/certification. G7 was originally an offset printing deal only but it's become a widespread method of ensuring consistent color from one output device to another regardless of the process.

Custom_Grafx

I would believe that they could guarantee an exact match of a CMYK color - it is easy enough to accomplish with any RIP software.

In the RIP it's easy enough to tell it to pump out a certain CMYK combo - yes.

But... this doesn't mean that it will look the same as what's on the screen, and will vary greatly from printer to printer. Linearisation, ink limits, media white point etc will give you VERY different results if you print the same CMYK on them.

Signs 365

I just ordered pink signs from signs101 and the border came out red. The pink was damn near glowing pink in my artwork. They got the pink in the text just not in the border.

Who would you use if you need colors matched on digital signs?

We hope you continue to use us. Make sure that you provide a PMS color match next time you order and we will match it as close as possible. In this case, your artwork was fine...you chose our color vibrance option,which wasn't necessary, causing the pink to be deep and red in hue. The thumbnail changes when you choose color vibrance to show you this change. As you know we have reprinted the signs for free, with a color match, and have also overnighted them for free for you as well. You will be receiving them tomorrow and should be satisfactory to you and your customer. Thanks again for your business!

FatCat

Dont judge colours by monitors, if you need a specific colour printed share the cmyk, rgb, or pantone numbers.

This.

Colors will display differently based on the brand of monitor, age of monitor, resolution of monitor, ambient light in the room, etc...

Best bet is to always designate PMS colors for printing - most modern RIPS do a fairly good job of getting it close enough for most sign related wide format work. (Prepress and color matching for offset printing is a whole different ballgame.)

That said, I don't use Signs365 for banners, but do use them for coro signs. Colors have always been acceptable.