Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion on Summa F1612 (or any F-Series)?

Discussion in 'Summa' started by funkytone, May 18, 2018.

1. funkytone

funkytone New Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    I'm looking at purchasing an F1612. Just wanted to see what people liked/disliked about them and if there is anything that current owners found out after the purchase that they weren't happy with?

Any info would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Tags:
  2. kanini

kanini Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    We have one and have been using it a lot for cutting vinyl, banners, soft sheets, pvc sheets etc. We haven't tried routing so I can't comment on how that works. Overall we love the machine, it is sturdily built, great precision and the feed/belt works excellent. The only negative could be that the Summa FlexCut is maybe not 100% smooth to use all the time, it also needs reeboting after half a days heavy work (could be our computer though) and has a bit of a learning curve. Overall I think it is very well worth the money and it has improved our productivity so much. Together with Onyx RIP and HP latex printers it's the best combo I've seen at the moment. My only wish now would be to get another tangential module to keep more tools installed at the same time, bit the tool change is only a minute or two so haven't yet bought the extra module. If you have any specific question I'd be happy to answer the best I can. You will not regret getting one.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Emd2kick

Emd2kick Member

Jan 18, 2018
    New Jersey
    Check out a Colex before you commit. Same price range, but the Colex is a sturdier and tested piece of equipment. We considered both and went with the Colex, couldn’t be happier!

• Like Like x 1
  4. axelmk

axelmk New Member

Sep 18, 2016
    Houston, TX

• Like Like x 1
  5. daenterpri

daenterpri Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    We bought a Summa F1612 and we love it. We've had a great relationship with Summa and being that parts are only a day away from us, that's the direction that I went. Having a flatbed cutter in the shop has changed the game. Like Kanini said, Summa FlexCut is a bit buggy, but nothing overwhelmingly frustrating. It's a good machine.