• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinions on Hexis HX20000

simpson246

Hi all, I was origionally going to use Avery Supreme but after noticing a very high price, I did take a look elsewhere, in particular the Hexis brand.

I know it's not always best to go for the cheaper (in this case, around half the price) although I've done quite a bit of research on Hexis HX20000 and it seems pretty good.

It has the air channels and pressure sensitive adhesive.

My question is has anyone used this film and if so, do they have any opinions on it?

Thanks,

jasonx

I've used it on a job where there blue was the closet match at the time. Went down fine. Its a bit thinner then the Avery wrapping film but thats just a minor difference.

simpson246

Thanks for the reply Jason.

It sounds pretty decent then if the only real difference is the thickness.

How's the pressure sensitive adhesive of it compared to Avery's?

thanks,

turbo

I just did a colour wrap on a gm sierra using hexas turquoise blue it is a 4.2 mil with air release and re positionable. I did find it much more aggressive than Avery or Oracal and you should read the product information because it is a little different installation method. Make everything is heated especially your moldings and corners. On the positive side they have a huge selection of some pretty cool films.

Xcesiv

I have wrapped using the hx2 and hx3 range fom hexis. I like it a lot.
I find the supreme wrap from Avery very thin and folds easier.

I love the hx3 frozen grey. I wrapped a car a few weeks back in it and looks awesome

The install techniques are a little different but that's half the fun