Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on "old ink"

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by SummitSignsandmore, Feb 26, 2014.

1. SummitSignsandmore

SummitSignsandmore Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    PA
    Question for the panel. I just received some ink I purchase from a main (very large supplier). And the manufactures date on the black ink is nearly a year old... My current black cartridge in the printer is newer (purchased from the same supplier) than the cartridge I just received.

I was taught from the persons I bought my printer from that ink over 2 years old or older is no good. I certainly will have this cartridge used up withing the next month or so.. This upsets me and I believe I should be getting fresher produced inks. In most cases the ink I receive has been manufactured within 6 months or newer.

Tags:
  2. Auburnpeanut

Auburnpeanut Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Auburn
    I agree with you completely. If you supplier is not using FIFO for their inks, then that is a problem. I would address it with them and I am sure they will be happy to make sure that you get fresh ink. Otherwise look somewhere else.

3. SummitSignsandmore

SummitSignsandmore Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    PA
    Thank you, this is what I thought as well.

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Call them and tell them to do an inventory of at least their inks...... and if they handle vinyls and any other time sensitive items... to get current. In the meantime, they should send you replacements for anything that old they've sent you recently. No charge of any sorts to you for return or re-sending.