• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

opinions on plotter tracking

g&eprinting

I still have an old VE 61, I get up to 50' (1/4" +/-) ... And no, Im not lying either. I pull the slack from the roller under the cutter and match up with the vinyl in front of the cutter. Its a good way to quadruple check the set up. If you off just a TINNY bit, this will show it.

Another good test for you is to check square that way, do a test run, then recheck your square the same way. This will tell you if your losing your square during the cut run.

Did any of that come out right?!?! :Big Laugh

Exactly what I do always ,,, BEST MOVE ..

Let the back slack under and the top over and line the vinyl up to itself nice and taught.

Do like the picture on both sides though (was holding camera) nice and tight and straight.

Attachments

• IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 70

g&eprinting

This man is a genius.. ^

Me to , hold the top and bottom and slide it back and forth and pull real tight then clamp down on it.

Some vinyls are just off too, make sure your pinch rollers are inside enough. I leave all pinch rollers with the lever down

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
yea, except I can track straight for 100ft on my Gerber.

Ditto...but there's Allen Datagraph who's also batting for us.

I've seen some media come in punched, but not stripped on the sides. It makes for a snotty mess on the sprockets after a while.

JB