• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinions Please on Natural Camo

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Working on natural camouflage seamless tiles and would like opinions of these examples.

Attachments

• natural_camo01_sample.jpg
    natural_camo01_sample.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 163
  • natural_camo02_sample.jpg
    natural_camo02_sample.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 151

SignosaurusRex

The branches and twigs don't have a natural placement look to me. More angle to them would help. just my .02

Last edited:

Former member

I like the Idea Fred---
I think the way the branches are placed vertically makes it look artificial when tiled. Maybe place them at more of an angle.

Attachments

• camo.jpg
    camo.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 134

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Okay, here are the branches rotated and a slightly different treatment to the camo fabric. Single tile and tiles versions.

Are we there yet? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• natural_camo05_sample.jpg
    natural_camo05_sample.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 130
  • natural_camo05_sampletiled.jpg
    natural_camo05_sampletiled.jpg
    568.4 KB · Views: 145

Tiki

Font Sage
The brighter yellow leafs on the top and bottom where they tile
would look better if it was changed to a darker color :wink:

SignosaurusRex

Much better. The vine maple leaves still look too patterned. Needs to be a bit more random appearance. Ya, I know, not so easy to achieve in a tile. Maybe a little varigation in the vine maple leaves might subdue boldness. Some slight redness in one of the species and a darker green in another might help. Are the species colorations all matched to one season for realism? Just a thought.

GB2

Old Member
I agree about the yellow leaves, I don't think you should have singular elements with such sharp contrast sot that when tiled, they form a row or column of contrasting elements. Your first post was actually much better in this regard, though looking a little contrived, but better mix of color.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thanks for the input everyone. We ended up with a series of eight varied images .... different bark, different camo fabric, different leaf color, each in the same layout. They will be part of our upcoming Plotter Art™ Seamless Texture Tiles Volume Two soon to be released. They will also be available at ExpressClipart.com in the near future for individual purchase and download.

Attached are low resolution versions.

Attachments

• sample_natural_camo01.jpg
    sample_natural_camo01.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 89
  • sample_natural_camo02.jpg
    sample_natural_camo02.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 100
  • sample_natural_camo03.jpg
    sample_natural_camo03.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 89
  • sample_natural_camo04.jpg