• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

opinions please

ravencoat

Looking for input on a cookbook cover for local High School wrestling team.

Thanks

Attachments

• book cover.pdf
    115.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

SignManiac

An okay start. I don't care for the exagerated distortion you used on wrestlers cookbook. And a better font choice would be my suggestion.

2NinerNiner2

Maybe I am being a tad too cynical and skeptical, but consider:

1) join date - over 5 years ago and this is the first post
2) a link to a PDF for a "questionable" cause ... cook book cover for wretling team fits that bill for me
3) a Google search of PDF malware brings up a lot of hits about this being a rising trend

I am not saying this is the case here, but the flags have been raised for me :) I have seen this "style" often on the Joomla! forum where I have been quite active.

weaselboogie

:rolleyes:....

Attachments

• wrasslin.jpg
    wrasslin.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 75

Jillbeans

Distortion aside, the pic of the nasty looking shoes on the plate puts me off my food and would probably make only foot fetishists want to buy it.
Plate=good
Shoes on plate=bad
The icky casual font on the bottom isn't too pleasing either.
Love...Jill

Attachments

• Project1.jpg
    Project1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 89

ravencoat

Mmm, tough crowd. I appreciate the constructive criticism, though, so thanks.

1. Font on bottom does seem weak. Font in cookbook for "school" look.
2. Distorted font to emulate championship belt. Background is wrestling mat, school colors.
3. Am I getting paid? No, I'm one of the kids' parents - cookbook is a fund raiser for the team.
4. No evil intentions.
5. I like the wrestler.
6. Shoes on plate? Yeah, probably is gross - but HS wrestlers are an interesting bunch!

Anyway, seeing that the consensus is fairly negative, maybe I'll start over.

Thanks to all