• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opps...too high, think we ought to move it down

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
20200603_123700.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think its too low, also and the kerning is off........................................

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Tex did you at least walk up to them and do the old " I think you have that spelled wrong" gag to cheer them up a little?

Andy D

I'm not posting this for any of you old f@rts, cuz you already know...
My best rule of thumb about kerning came from a real old sign maker, he said "imagine that all of the open areas between letters are filled up with sand & try to make the volume of each as close to the same as is reasonable"

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'm not posting this for any of you old f@rts, cuz you already know...
My best rule of thumb about kerning came from a real old sign maker, he said "imagine that all of the open areas between letters are filled up with sand & try to make the volume of each as close to the same as is reasonable"
Wouldn't this only work with signs that are installed horizontally? My imagination would have all the sand pooling at the bottoms on a wall mount.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think he's talking about the beach and making pictures in the sand with your toes.

That real old guy he mentioned was OP down in Florida. ))))))) ) )))) )​

Andy D

Wouldn't this only work with signs that are installed horizontally? My imagination would have all the sand pooling at the bottoms on a wall mount.

Yeah, I guess you're right about that... I think he was referring to your typical directional sign, menu board, ect.