• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OPTEC LED controller replacement

toucan_graphics

I have a customer who's giant LED sign stopped working and it appears to be the Optec controller causing the problem.

My question is this: Do I HAVE to replace it with an Optec controller or can I install a different manufacturer's controller and program it to suit the customer's needs?

Any LED experts, please advise. Thanks

oksigns

I have a customer who's giant LED sign stopped working and it appears to be the Optec controller causing the problem.

My question is this: Do I HAVE to replace it with an Optec controller or can I install a different manufacturer's controller and program it to suit the customer's needs?

Any LED experts, please advise. Thanks

If it is still under warranty, Optec will replace the part, but dealing with them is almost a joke.

toucan_graphics

If it is still under warranty, Optec will replace the part, but dealing with them is almost a joke.

Yeah. Initial warranty expired September last year. Extended warranty allegedly doesn't cover the controller.

I was hoping it was just a matter of reprogramming the controller, but nope... the logic board in the controller is shot.

I did, however, talk to a tech at Optec who was quite helpful. He even remotely connected to my PC while I was connected to the sign and confirmed my findings of the bad controller.

Hoping now that the customer is willing to pay the cost to replace the parts.