Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OPTEC LED controller replacement

Discussion in 'LEDs and Neon' started by toucan_graphics, Oct 17, 2016.

1. I have a customer who's giant LED sign stopped working and it appears to be the Optec controller causing the problem.

My question is this: Do I HAVE to replace it with an Optec controller or can I install a different manufacturer's controller and program it to suit the customer's needs?

Any LED experts, please advise. Thanks

Tags:
  2. signpronfl

signpronfl New Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Alachua, Fl
    I would expect that it will need to be an Optec replacement part.

3. oksigns

oksigns Member

Apr 27, 2015
    USA
    If it is still under warranty, Optec will replace the part, but dealing with them is almost a joke.

4. Yeah. Initial warranty expired September last year. Extended warranty allegedly doesn't cover the controller.

I was hoping it was just a matter of reprogramming the controller, but nope... the logic board in the controller is shot.

I did, however, talk to a tech at Optec who was quite helpful. He even remotely connected to my PC while I was connected to the sign and confirmed my findings of the bad controller.

Hoping now that the customer is willing to pay the cost to replace the parts.