Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optically Clear Clear Bra?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by the graphics co, Jul 27, 2012.

1. the graphics co

the graphics co Active Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Gurnee, IL
    I have a swat team ballistic shield that the department head wants to put some clear bra or similar material on the visor window. The 3m scotchguard clear bra that i usually use is far from optically clear, does anyone know of a product for that? What are they using on smart phones?

Thanks,
    Cameron

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Do the SWAT girls wear them, too ??

I can see this item taking off in the stores.............. :cool1:

3. encadtech

encadtech Member

Sep 8, 2008
    You could try using the ORAGUARD 290GF Optically Clear Cast PVC Laminating Film. We use it on our window perf for vehicle windows

4. FS-Keith

FS-Keith Active Member

Dec 4, 2010
    pennsylvania
    like said above, use opticaly clear lam used for window perf. I forget the 3m model off hand, but thats what we use. I think its also used as their gloss lam

5. cgsigns_jamie

cgsigns_jamie Very Active Member

XPEL has some of the best paint protection film on the market. It won't yellow or get that orange peel look. They even have a film that is self healing if it gets scratched.

http://www.xpel.com/

6. btropical.com

btropical.com Active Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Look on tintdude