• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Optically clear laminate film

WrapYourCar

Hi everyone, i'm still new to the sign game, and haven't done many perf windows on curved windows, one of the jobs i did the optically clear laminate was causing the view to look distorted, i believe it was because the curved nature of the window, or perhaps it was bad film? can anyone shed some like on this? the only way to describe it is.. imagine looking at a photo through a light waterfall the image looked real distorted and out of shape, so much so that the client said he'd prefer it without the Window Laminate. I know it's a bit dangerous without the laminate, so i prefer to do this on most of my jobs, but this was a tricky one.. and i think i have another car with a curved window coming up soon.. i want to make sure i tackle this one the correct way!

Christian @ 2CT Media

What did you use?

3M has 8514 and 8518
ARLON has 3200
Oracal has 290f
Clear view has curvalam

There is absolutely nothing wrong with no lam, not to stir up an old fight but we never lam our perf unless by request.

I've never found an optically clear laminate that I thought was truly optically clear. I think I've tried most of the ones on the market, some are better than others but most tend to have some level of distortion.

I've got a piece of glass in the shop that has laminated window perf on it. I show the customer what it looks like with the laminate to set their expectations.

~Chris