• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

optically clear laminate? I cant seemto seperate it from its clear backer?

gabagoo

Is there a secret to peeling back the liner?

also why is it that this material has to be on a clear liner as opposed to a paper one?

gabagoo

yea I finally seperated a piece just to figure out which was the laminate and which was the backing film.

How dumb is that. They charge a premium price for it and then they dont indicate with a watermark or any form of graphic which side the laminate is on.

gabagoo

OK one last question here.

I will not be doing the install of these but I figured from past experience with this material without laminate it is very easy to apply due to all the holes.
How much harder does the install become with large pieces with laminate? Will it still go down easily or should I...gulp...even consider using a little soapy water.

shortyspatrick

The only issues we have seen with laminate on perf is that you can get bubbles during install (usually pretty easy to avoid in our experience) as the lam seals it up, aside from that, it goes down really nice. Especially that new Automark OC lam.