• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Optically Clear Laminate

njshorts

Looking for some opinions on OC lam- we matched clearfocus oc lam and perf with disastrous results- fingers everywhere on 7 vehicles that we now have to re-install. Can anyone help cut through the learning curve here? I've been told I'm not the only one with a bad CF experience.

Molenbeek

Clear Focus makes two optically clear laminates. one is a polyester that cannot have any curves or it will wrinkle and all. the other is a cast vinyl that can go around curves.

Most likely you purchased the ClearLam which won't work with any slight curve. You want to get the CurvaLam.

Or - Oracal makes their 290 in an optically Clear laminate as well.

www.advantagesignsupply.com

thesignexpert

We stick with the 3M 8171 perf and the component matched 3M 8914 Optically Clear lam with excellent results.

Tim

"Sign Shop Forms, Marketing Packets and Clipart for the Sign Professional"
TheSignExpert.com

Vehicle Wraps, Fleet Graphics, Wide Format Printing, Electrical Signs and Message Centers
Pro Sign and Graphics - Columbus, OH

Kwiksigns

wookie
we just bought a cheap gun from home depot and started spraying ours with clearshield. We used to not lam at all.

WrapYourCar

We stick with the 3M 8171 perf and the component matched 3M 8914 Optically Clear lam with excellent results.

Tim

Does this 3M8914 clear lam work better than Curvalam? i just did a car and the view looks a bit distorted, not very clear if you ask me, i'm actually thinking laminating was a mistake.

Does laminating a slightly curved or angled window like on a sports/sedan, always look distorted? (seems slightly rippled still, even using curvalam! should i use a clear spray? the most annoying part is, the suppliers don't know anything.