• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Optically Clear Laminate

KenAllenStudios

Hello,

We are looking for the best pressure sensitive laminate to be used with fine art inkjet prints. We have experimented with matte, luster, and glossy so far. The nice feature of the glossy laminate is that it is optically clear, the problem is that it is a little too glossy for a lot of fine art applications. Can anyone recommend a luster laminate that is optically clear? Does this even exist?

Best,
Patrick Allen

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Anything that is truly "optically clear" would by it's very nature be glossy. About the only thing I can think of that might work better for you would be a hot laminate or liquid coating. Hot lam of course requires a hot laminator, liquid coatings can be machine applied, sprayed, brushed, poured on.... Clearstar makes excellent liquid coatings.

MGraphics

i wouldnt think that it exists.. due to the fact aht it will have a luster finish to it.... i was told that what makes a overlam optically clear depends on the backing... our optically clear lam is gloss but comes on a clear backing. There are much more knowledgeable people out there than me but that is my $0.02